Become a PADI Instructor with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures
What is the main difference between our PADI Instructor Course and all the others?
We offer a 4-week work-experience internship where you get to work 4 trips on our Similan Island liveaboard fleet, and we pay you for the work that you do.
Real Work, Real Pay, Real Experience
The main difference between a Divemaster and a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) is that an OWSI can teach students who have never learned the skills before, whereas a Divemaster can only review previously-learned skills.
The IDC develops a candidates ability to spot and correct problems, reinforce the correct technique and maintain a positive attitude throughout. We do this in the classroom, the pool and the open water.
Award winning Course Director Mark Soworka delivers an IDC program that goes beyond the minimum PADI Standards to ensure your success in the dive industry.
Our in-house Course Director Ann Christmas runs our IDCs, delivering some of the presentations, conducting workshops and providing counselling and support for all our IDC candidates.
Our programme include a commitment to helping you find a rewarding career. Not only are we teaching you to get through a PADI Instructor exam, but we also help you get work in the dive industry.
For those who are short on time, we offer the option to pre-study some of the IDC at home before you get here, with IDC Online which replaces the first 2 days of the IDC course.
To enrol on the IDC, you’ll need to be:
- Certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organisation.
- At least 18 years old.
- In good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
- A certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Able to show that you have completed and logged at least 100 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation.
- Certified on a CPR and First Aid course in the last 24 months.
Required Course Materials for the IDC are the IDC Crewpack and EFR Instructor Manual, both of which can be purchased through the dive centre.
We are planning 5 IDCs during 2019.
- 12th January 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 26-27 January 2019
- 13th February 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 27-28 February 2019
- 21st March 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 4-5 April 2019
- 19th October 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 2nd November 2019
- 23rd November 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 7th December 2019
PADI Instructor Course Package
- Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor
- EFR Instructor Course (incl EFR Care For Children Instructor)
- FREE PADI Oxygen Provider Instructor Specialty
- FREE Marine Resource Management seminar
- Scubapro Sales and Equipment seminar
- 4 weeks paid work experience on our Similan Liveaboards and local dives (if wanted)
- Visa Assistance – We can advise you how to arrange the right visa for your course in Thailand
- Free wireless broadband Internet access in our dive centre
- Lunch provided throughout the IDC
- Assistance with local accommodation (prices start from 4500 THB per month)
- Discount on buying dive equipment.
- Free equipment rental during the course and IE if needed (own equipment required for work experience)
- Cost Per Student for IDC and EFRI Course: 44,900 THB
- O2 Provider Specialty Instructor: 4,500 THB
- PADI IDC Crew Pack: 25,500 THB
- EFR Instructor Manual: 4,500 THB
Package Price for all of the above: 67,700 THB
- PADI IE fee: AU$ 930
- PADI Instructor Application Fees AU$ 267
- EFRI Instructor Application Fees: AU$ 184
- PADI Specialty Instructor Application Fee: AU$ 106